A quintessence of special occasions and festival, Chicken Biryani also known as Murg Biryani can spice up any celebration with its delicious taste. A delicious one-pot meal that makes for a wholesome meal. However, every region has a unique way of serving Biryani some serve it with raita and some serve it with Mirchi ka Salan, the list is long, but the taste will surely please you palate. Chicken Biryani is one of the most popular dishes that you can find across the world and it’s loaded with various spices. It’s an interesting combination of rice and meat, and if you put your heart into it, people will love it for sure. One of the best things about preparing biryani is that it has several layers resulting into different textures, flavours and colours. This biryani recipe is prepared using basmati rice, chicken thighs, hung curd, onion, tomato, milk, saffron and a melange of whole and ground spices. The chicken biryani masala used in this making this mouth-watering biryani recipe is juicy and tender, and has a flavour that you will relish for sure. For preparing this amazing and mouth-watering biryani recipe, chicken is marinated in yoghurt and a melange of spices and then cooked using slow-cooking method. Chicken Biryani is one dish that can be enjoyed on several occasions such as buffet, kitty party, potluck and even game night. You can make this biryani recipe to treat your loved ones on any occasion. To help you out, here are some easy steps that will guide you in preparing this amazing dish.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani (Servings 5)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon mint leaves
- salt As required
- 2 tablespoon refined oil
- 3 green cardamom
- 2 clove
- 2 onion
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 cup hung curd
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- water As required
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 600 grams chicken
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 dash saffron
- 1 tablespoon bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 drops kewra
- 1 tablespoon rose water
How to make Chicken Biryani
Step 1 Prepare saffron and kewra water
To prepare this mouth-watering biryani recipe, soak saffron in water to prepare saffron water. Next, mix kewra drops in water and mix well to make kewra water.
Step 2 Saute onions and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes
In the meanwhile, heat refined oil in a deep bottomed pan. Once the oil is hot enough. Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves in it, and saute for about a minute. Then, add chopped onion in it and saute until pink. Now, add chicken into it with slit green chillies, turmeric, salt to taste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, and 2 green chilli paste. Mix well all the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add hung curd into it
Step 3 Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes
Turn the flame to medium again and add garam masala in it along with ginger julienned, coriander and mint leaves. Add kewra water, rose water and saffron water in it. Cook till the chicken is tender.
Step 4 Serve hot with your favourite chutney or raita
Then add 1 cup cooked rice and spread evenly. Then add saffron water and pour ghee over it. Cook for 15-20 minutes with closed lid and garnish with 1 tbsp fried onions and coriander leaves. Serve hot
- The first and foremost important thing to take care of while preparing chicken biryani is, always use a heavy-bottomed pan as you would not want the chicken getting cooked.
- The restaurant-style chicken biryani uses the whole chicken in preparation and the chicken breast can dry when cooking at home. It’s always suggested to use chicken thigh or drums…
- If you want your chicken to be juicier in your biryani, do not remove the bone.
- If your cooked rice has turned sticky, spread it on a plate and leave them for 5 minutes. The rice will be separate and beautiful again.
- Freshly pound spices bring out the best taste in Biryani, so make sure that dry roast all the whole spices for a good 2-3 minutes and then pound or grind them.