Russian Salad is a classic salad recipe, which can add charm to any party. The best thing about this salad is that it goes well with both Continental and Indian cuisine. Prepared with a few easily available ingredients in your kitchen like chicken, peas, vinegar, salt, black pepper, carrot etc, this easy Russian Salad recipe is one of the simplest things to prepare, when you are in a jiffy. To make this easy salad recipe you just need all the ingredients in place. In fact, what makes it even more interesting is the creamy texture of this dish. If you want to make it more indulgent, you can add some almond paste, this will make it more creamy without adding more calories. The best thing about preparing this dish at home is that it gives you the liberty to keep a check on the ingredients. Also, you can prepare it as per your palate preference, for instance, if you are fond of spices, you can add some chilli flakes along with black pepper, this will give this easy creamy salad recipe a spicy twist. This appetizing salad recipe is perfect for every occasion. In fact, if you have some healthy food lovers coming over for a game night or house party, you can serve this delicacy. We bet they will surely fall in love with this delicious and creamy delight. You can also store it in an airtight box and once it is cold enough serve it with delightful garlic bread or any bread of your choice.
Ingredients of Russian Salad (Servings5)
- 300 gm chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium diced carrot
- 1/2 medium cubed capsicum ( green pepper)
- 3 pinches salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup peas
- 10 chopped green beans
- 100 gm sliced pineapple
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cheese spread
- 2 pinch black pepper
How to make Russian Salad
- Step 1 Wash and boil chickenRussian Salad recipe is an exotic and delightful treat for your tastebuds. Here’s how you can prepare this delightful recipe at home without investing too much time. Wash the chicken properly and drain the excess water, then, boil it with ½ cup water and ½ tsp salt in a pressure cooker.
- Step 2 Prepare the chickenPressure cook for 1 whistle and simmer on low heat for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame. Remove meat from bones and cut into small pieces. Put in a bowl and sprinkle 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tbsp oil on it. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Step 3 Boil the veggiesBoil 2 cups water with ½ tsp salt. Add peas, beans and carrots and boil further for 1 minute. Remove from fire and strain. Add cold water and strain again. Keep vegetables aside. Mix mayonnaise, cream, cheese spread, salt and pepper. Mix well. Squeeze pineapple slices well to remove excess syrup if you are using the canned ones. Chop finely.
- Step 4 Assemble the ingredientsAdd shredded chicken. You can alternately use boiled potato or paneer if you are a vegetarian, chopped pineapple, boiled vegetables and capsicum to the mayonnaise. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Add more pepper if required. Keep aside till serving time.
- Step 5 ServeTo serve, add a little milk to the salad if it appears extra thick. Serve cold.