Pasta Carbonara Food Recipes
• 1 pound spaghetti or other long pasta such as linguine or fettuccine
• 3/4 pound bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 whole eggs
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 cup parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is boiling, cook the bacon in a large pan over medium high heat. After the bacon is cooked, drain all the grease off except for 1 tablespoon. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove 1/3 cup bacon from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks and parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with the remaining bacon and toss to coat in the bacon fat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg and cheese mixture in the pan. Toss the sauce with the hot pasta for 2-3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Whisk in 1 tablespoon of cooking water at a time, as needed to thin the sauce to your desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the reserved bacon over the top along with chopped parsley and additional parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.